Is it ok to play rough with your friends? (Applies especially to boys)
Well, YES, it is… Only IF you learn HOW to play nicely.
Take a look at the list of “Unwritten Rules” and think about it the next time you decide to play rough with your friend…
Unwritten Rules of Rough Play
- Engage only parties who “agree”.
- Be careful with weaker/smaller/female opponents.
- Avoid dangerous situations
- Expect that you might get hurt (physical/verbal) & don’t get too mad if you do get hurt.
- Be aware of when to stop! à Don’t wait for someone to get hurt to stop. Just have a little fun)
- Hold back your complete strength/words that might potentially hurt.
- Don’t offend/scare/others around you.
- Be responsible if things go wrong.